ATV Forum

ATVFan

Join ATVFan

Where to ride in Las Vegas NV?

Discuss all your great riding spots.

Where to ride in Las Vegas NV?

Postby ikon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:31 pm

I dont know if there are any people on here in southern NV. But just incase heres what I have found around my city looking for places to ride.

1. APEX
Notes: Apex, is ok... Kinda crowded, Lots of jumps and tons of trails heading into the hills... Fun place if you get there early.
Directions: Take 15 N. take Apex exit, hang a right and immediate left into dirt lot.

2. Vegas Dunes
Notes: I have personally never been here since my current quad is not powerful enough. Once i get a faster quad ill be there... Anyway from what i hear it is a fun place.
Directions: Take 15 N. Past the speedway exit. The very next exit your gonna make a right and follow the road down a lil and you will see the dunes to your left.

3. Red Rock state Park
Notes: it is illegal to ride quads in NV state parks but the trails are great so as long as they dont see you coming in your ok. There are about 12 - 16 different trails up there.
Directions: Take W. Charleston, West Charleston BLVD turn into HWY 159 and there you are...

4. Bonnie Springs
Notes: Behind Red Rock, Nice place good trails for a 4x4 quad. Behind Red Rock and it is legal to ride in this area.
Directions: From RED Rock follow HWY 159 around heading towards Blue Diamond. At the Gas Station the end of 159 make a right at this point you will be on 160. Take 160 up the mountain and turn right onto Lovell Canyon RD. trail head id up ahead... There are four trails here...

5. Mt Charleston
Notes: Apparently no off roading is allowed above the MT. Charleston Lodge. Im not sure but i dont belive thats fair, the trails look like they go all the way up to the top on the maps. Anyway there is a trail head right before the Horse area. Its called Harris Springs. Anyway you cant miss it. Its a really wide dirt road to your left.
I have counted over 6 trails out here from this trail head headed in all directions pretty fun if you ask me.
Directions: Take 95 N. head out of the city and make a Left onto Kyle Canyon RD. Big sign says mount charleston. Head up that road and make left onto Harris Springs.

6.Cold Creek
Notes: There are about 4 Trails in all different directions here... Really nice area. Two are about 5 Miles in from 95 and the other two are 10 miles in from 95.
Directions: Take 95 N past MT Charleston turn off, continue past Lee Canyon... You'll see the Prisons on your right that road is Cold Creek RD. Go between the prisons and follow the road back and there you are...

7. Logandale Trail
Notes: This place was specially made for off roading, very nice ride tons of trails criss crossing and so on behind valley of fire.
Directions: Take 15 N. Past Apex take exit 93 Route 169 Continue down this road about 8 miles and make a right on Liston RD. make a right onto dirt road off of liston rd and continue past the train tracks and continue following the signs.

8:Old Spanish Trail
Notes: This is a nice trail that takes you into sand dunes on the other side of the mountains. Never been that far down the trail lots of veriety on this trail as well please take GPS with you very easy to get lost here...
Directions: Take 15 N. past Apex make a right onto EXIT 75 Famous Fireworks INDIAN area. Anyway continue past the indian gas station and fireworks area. The road curves about 3 miles down the road go straight onto dirt road do not follow bend. The trail starts there...

I posted this cause i know lots of people come to vegas and have no clue that we have so many places to go off roading while you are here... The issue many people run into is we have so many tour groups that all the trails are kept secret. I think thats BS i feel you should have the right to know this info. When i search the net I only find 2 of those 8 the other 6 I have stumbled up on when I looked for areas to ride my sports car or sport bike as fast as i can.

Anyway well for those who live here or for those who visit enjoy I know a few more but these are the better ones i have checked out for my self accept for the dunes one but a very trusted friend told me about that one.
ikon
450cc
450cc

Postby Tiffy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:16 am

very good thread...i have been to apex and yes it is very crowded and we are currently looking for more places to ride in town. As for Mt. Charleston, yes it is illegal to ride up there, or so i heard also...But who cares...Everyone does anyways..just don't get caught..I know there are alot of rangers out by Red Rock so I'm not sure if I want to risk that but maybe Bonnie Springs would be good to ride out in.
Tiffy
450cc
450cc

Postby ikon » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:15 am

That is whats the best about Red Rock, I used to ride my sportbike up there and the rangers are looking for the people speeding on bikes and in cars they dont pay attention to the trails on weekends...

I also heard of a place in summerlin that takes you through the hills and over into the MT Charleston trails. Its supposed to be about 13 miles from that trailhead to the MT Charleston trail.

My favorite has to be the prison trail. It goes in deep, from desert to forrest. And at the top the view is killer. I wish i knew more people out here to ride with... :-/
Oh and the spanish trail is nice too. Its the actual trail that was used over a 100 years ago from what iv read thats what they say.

I wonder if i could get some quad riders here in town interested in an Area 51 ride :-)
ikon
450cc
450cc

Postby Tiffy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:55 pm

where exactly is the prison trails..it sounds like a blast...is it the one by indian springs? can you give me details and directions on the trail?
Tiffy
450cc
450cc

Postby ikon » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:35 pm

the prison trail is great. And yes its headed towards indian springs. Just take 95 N past MT Charleston... and to your left not the right typo in previous post... you'll see the prisons. Make that right and head up that road youll see a "Scenic Route" sign with a bunch of bullet holes in it. that turn off to your left is the trail head. Follow the trail back and stay to your right at the fork in the road. in no time you'll be riding in the deep forest :-) if you go right at the fork you'll reach a higher area either way you end up in the mountains...

My wife and I ussually ride but shes pregnant now so I cant ride as fast as id like to. But if i find other people to ride with while shes pregnant it would be great. If you know any other ATVers here in town we could probable get a small group out there for a ride.
ikon
450cc
450cc

Return to Where to Ride